Maywood Cooperative Nursery School, Inc.
Click here for:
Click here for:
The Maywood Cooperative Nursery School offers a Toddler's Class (2 1/2), 3’s Class, and 4’s/Pre-K Class.
Our classes are offered Monday through Friday. Please see Letter and Registration Application for class options. We also offer Morning Care and After Care.
The Maywood Co-op offers a developmentally appropriate curriculum, which nurtures the individual strengths and interests of children.
- Foster independence
- Develop self esteem
- Encourage creative expression
- Motivate intellectual development
- Develop social skills and friendships
- Understand and respond to discipline
- Respect for self and others
- Love of learning
- Great "first" school experience.
Children are encouraged to develop critical thinking skills and curiosity, including free play, painting/crafts, cooking, creative arts, music, drama, community awareness, reading and math readiness, and motor skill manipulatives; puzzles, games, and even play dough.
Sparking the Imagination
Circle Time – share ideas, plans, and observations. Stimulate thinking, enrich social skills, and expand attention spans.
- Gross-motor activities - running, jumping, and climbing.
- Fine-motor activities – hand-eye coordination using beads and laces, pegboards, crayon and scissors.
- Art – creative expression and concept development using colors, shapes and size.
- Dramatic play- cooperative play and life skills building self-esteem, vocabulary, and problem-solving.
- Music – listening and creative expression exploring sound, tempo and rhythm.
- hands-on observation, exploration, and experimentation.
Sand and water
- experiment with textures to promote math, science and language.
– shapes and sizes, numbers, balance, organization, and cause & effect.
- Story time - enhances vocabulary and comprehension skills, and expands knowledge base.
- Computer time – hands-on problem-solving and hand-eye coordination.